Week 19 - Teddington

Introduce yourself
I'm Sarah Hallett and I'm the social media representative of the Teddington WI. I was asked to join our branch's committee in October 2014 and I am enjoying the role a lot. I'm a full time Mum to 2 children, Amy who is 11 and James who is 9. Before having my children I was a regional training manager for Monsoon.

Why did you become a member of the WI?
I was introduced to the WI by friends who were already members. I like the fact that you get to meet a wide range of people with different backgrounds.

How would you sum up your WI?
Teddington WI is a great group of characters, all keen to learn something new, make new friends and having a great time doing it.... we're a very social bunch!

Why would you encourage other women to get involved in the WI?
Getting involved in the WI brings you into contact with a lot of great likeminded people who live in the same area as you. The monthly meetings cover a wide range of different topics, so you're always learning new skills or nuggets of information, or just having a great night out once a month. It's great fun... you'll never regret joining!

What are you most looking forward to as part of the WI centenary in 2015?
I'm excited to be part of the WI in this centenary year. It's a great milestone and something I think we are all proud of in our local group. We are all looking forward to some great times ahead and having another successful year.