Week 24 - The Heatons

Introduce yourself
My name is Tiff Jordan and I'm Vice President of The Heatons WI in Stockport, Cheshire. I'm an ex- teacher and now I work with school children in local museums. I love it!

Why did you become a member of the WI?
I joined the WI when I saw a brand new one advertised locally. Before then I had never even considered it but loved it from the start!

How would you sum up your WI?
Our WI has 53 members and meets in a local private club. We have very popular book groups, a craft club, restaurant club and a newly started walking group. We are a light hearted bunch - we sing Jerusalem once a year and love bake offs where we all judge by tasting every entry!

Why would you encourage other women to get involved in the WI?
I have made so many new friends at the WI and it is definitely something i would encourage other women to do. This is my third year on the committee (my first two years were as President) which has been a great learning curve with lots to keep me busy and lots of fun!

What are you most looking forward to as part of the WI centenary in 2015?
The highlight of the WI's centenary year was my visit to the garden party at Buckingham palace two weeks ago. Plus myself and 5 other members of our WI were in the live link up from the Imperial War Museum, Manchester.  Watch my tweets to find out all about that amazing week!