Week 29 - Hatton Park

Introduce yourself
My Name is Helen Greenly, I am a member of Hatton Park WI in Warwickshire.  My role in the group is unofficial social media person, posting to the Facebook and Twitter pages for the group.  I am self employed providing social media services to charities, small businesses and 3rd sector organisations.  I have teenagers at home keeping me on my toes.

Why did you become a member of the WI?
I joined WI to meet new people and to be part of an organisation where there were lots of opportunities to try new things and get involved in community issues

How would you sum up your WI?
We’re a friendly group, that enjoys listening to speakers, going on outings and getting involved in our community.

Why would you encourage other women to get involved in the WI?
Its a great way to broaden horizons, try new things  and find out more about everything while having fun and making good friends.

What are you most looking forward to as part of the WI centenary in 2015?
Being part of a movement that 100 years on is as needed and as relevant (probably more so) than when it was founded.